The Accounting Manager works with the Director of Accounting to enhance the efficiency and growth of the company's Accounting Department. This individual will work closely with Payroll and Accounts Payable, as well as the Operations team members in the field.
Our Mission Statement: To Create Remarkable Memories
Core Values: Having Fun, Embracing our Community, Taking Ownership, Being Passionate about what we do, Constant Innovation, Continual People Development, Business and Personal Integrity.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Control period-end close process, prepare/post journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow analysis, produce financial statements, and distribute internal and external financial reporting.
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including A/P, A/R, and assist with payroll.
- Manage intercompany accounting across several different entities.
- Analyze financial results by providing variance analysis to operations and senior leadership.
- Validate general ledger accuracy through daily sales and deposit reconciliations, period accruals, prepaid expense allocations, and inventory management.
- Create and coordinate annual budget, assisting with the forecast of sales, cost of goods, labor, and expenses.
- Assist with monthly sales tax and annual property tax filings.
- Work alongside Operations Team to improve financial procedures.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Report to Director of Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years of professional Accounting or Finance experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Experience with accounting software (Restaurant365 a plus, but not required).
- Multi-unit restaurant experience preferred, but not required.
- Team player with high attention to detail and accuracy.