Food Runner- The Rustic Downtown Houston
Food and Drink Runner
We are looking for a Food/Drink Runner to join our team and Deliver food and beverages between our kitchen and bars to our guests.
Food/Drink Runner responsibilities include serving food and drink orders to our guests and removing used dishes and utensils. If you would like to gain experience in the restaurant industry and learn how to provide an excellent dining experience, we would like to meet you. To be considered for this role, you should be available to work various shifts, including weekends.
Ultimately, you will ensure our guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food and drinks in a timely and accurate manner while you Create a Remarkable Memory.
- Deliver food and drink orders from the kitchen or bar to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately
- Communicate food changes or mistakes to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature) and in proper seat rotation
- Assist Guests with additional orders or refills
- Remove dirty dishes and utensils and safely deliver to Dish machine
- Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
- Tip pool or otherwise share their tips with other employees
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations: TABC Certified and Food Handler Certified, www.learn2serve.com