Prep Cook- Bowl & Barrel Houston
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of from scratch dishes in the kitchen. You will perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be required to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules for food preparation. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment While Creating Remarkable Memories for our Guests.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Able to safely use cutting tools, operate Kitchen Equipment and maintain kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- Flexibility to work during evenings, weekends, and public holidays
- Required: Food Handler Certified, www.learn2serve.com