Server- Bowl & Barrel Houston
We are looking for a competent Server to take and deliver orders. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our customers’ experiences. Compensation includes hourly wage and tips.
Server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. If you enjoy talking to people and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve food and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age, if necessary
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Tip pool or otherwise share their tips with other employees
- Computer literacy, Hands-on experience in cashier duties
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations: TABC Certified and Food Handler Certified, https://www.learn2serve.com/